Introduction To Exempt Market Securities
Through CVC, qualified investors are given the opportunity to participate in exempt market securities, commonly investing in private companies, which are not publicly traded like other stocks and securities.
For many smaller companies, listing on a stock exchange incur significant costs associated with listing fees and issuing a prospectus. The exempt market allows these businesses to access capital without issuing a prospectus.
As exempt market securities present potential risks as well as potential rewards, CVC works with investors fully explaining the company, its offerings and the features of the investment.
A Western Based Approach To Investing.
The investment opportunities CVC typically offers to qualified investors are in smaller, regional businesses operating in Western Canada.
As CVC continues to grow, we aim to continue to play an important role in supporting small and mid-size enterprises looking to raise capital, while continuing to provide investors with unique investment opportunities.
Current Featured Investments
Valmor™ Mortgage Investment Corporation was created to acquire and maintain a portfolio of mortgages that preserves capital and generates returns in order to permit the corporation to pay distributions to shareholders. Benefits of investing in Valmor MIC include:
- Targeted Yields of 5-6%* per annum
- Compounding available through participation in Dividend Reinvestment Plan (DRIP)
- Mortgages focused on Western Canada
- Registered plan eligible - RRSP/RRIF/TFSA
- Quarterly distributions anticipated
- MIC invests in mortgages secured by real property
*Target yields paid to investors net of Valmor MIC's fees and expenses per offering memorandum of April 28, 2017.
An investment in Valmor MIC involves a high degree of risk. For full details, including risks, refer to Valmor Mortgage Investment Corporation OM dated April 28, 2017.
Receivables Financing is a growth industry, and worldwide the factoring market is growing at 7.5% year over year of which the U.S. and Canada represent 4.24%.1 (1 Source: Factors Chain International – Annual Review 2016 – https://fci.nl/downloads/annual-review-2016.pdf)
- Yesterpay offers fixed rate 1, 2 and 3 year unsecured bonds that are tax-deferred-plan-eligible
- Tax deferred plan eligible - RRSP/RRIF/TFSA
This investment is offered through CVC to qualified individuals residing in Alberta and British Columbia.
- Over $4.5 Million in assets
- Compounding available through participation in a dividend reinvestment plan (DRIP)
- CV Blended MIC mortgages secured by real property
- Monthly distributions anticipated
- Minimum inital subscription amount of $5,000
- RRSP, RRIF and TFSA eligible
The CV Blended MIC’s income is generated from its investments and, subject to working capital or reserve requirements, distributed monthly to preferred shareholders.